I have realized that its the little things and little moments with my kids that make me so glad to be a mom. I do have those days when I'm thinking "I need a break!" anyway the other day I was doing Maycee's hair and sometimes she just sits there and others well let's just say she doesn't and I'm deaf by the time I'm done. This time doing her hair it was one of those deafening moments although she was really sick and we were on our way to the doctor so I knew thats why she was screaming. So I told her that if she was good I would paint her fingernails. So after doing her hair I painted her fingernails and then Crew came in and he blowdried them for her. Then Crew wanted to paint my fingernails so I let him. He was so into doing this and trying to really concentrate! Then Maycee came in and wanted to help also, Crew got to paint 7 and Maycee the other 3. As they were doing this I took a moment to just watch them. They were eating it up!
One more favorite thing that has made me grateful to be a mother lately is at nap time for Idalie. I take her in her room and rock her, we have a big lounge rocking chair in there. Maycee has started coming in there and climbing on the chair by us and snuggling and she always wants me to sing to her. So I do. I definately am not a great singer but I can manage the primary songs. I love this! Maycee sings twinkle twinkle, I am a child of god & she's learning to sing I love to see the temple. I love this. So I just sing a bunch of different songs and then within about 20 minutes they are both asleep. It's times like these that make me realize how blessed I am to be a parent. I think to often we get caught up in our everyday life and forget what we are here to do.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I try hard to remember to enjoy all of those little everyday moments. our sweet kids really do grow up so fast. If we miss those moments we miss out. This really is much easier said than done (But, I am trying)
ReplyDeleteI love hearing my kids sing primary songs. I really need to focus spending more QUALITY time w/ my kids because they grow up so fast.
ReplyDelete